Wooden Floor Prep & Treatment

I know these things can be wide ranging in prices, and its hard to say
without seeing a specific job, however, can anyone give me a very
rough estimate of what it might cost me to get my wooden fllors
(orginal floorboards) sanded and then treated with a wax/oil/varnish
(havent decided yet) by a professional.
I have already done this job myself.. using a well known floor varnish
which turned out to be crap and so now I am thinking of turning to the
professionals!
The floor is a hall and dining room and totals approx 30 aquare
metres.
Thanks for any advice!
Tom
Reply to
Thomarse
Sand the floor, then treat with Bourneseal, several coats. When you have an even finish (the wood no longer soaks up the seal), treat the floor with two coats of a polish such as Johnsons Eternum. This is a water based polish which is applied with a mop. I work in a school and this is the way in which we treat a heavily trafficed wooden assembly hall floor. The treatment lasts for a year.
There may be other products which you can use to follow this regime.
Malcolm
Reply to
Malcolm Race

Site Timeline Threads