Wiring bodge or not?

Whilst at a mates house today, I noticed that his meter tails were actually joined with 2 choclate block connectors, they appear to be the correct size for the cable, and are wrapped in insulation tape. The tails are no longer than 1 metre in length and it would appear it has been done to save having the board out reconnect to the meter to the new CU.

Is this acceptable to have these things joining meter tails? I thought not but could be wrong. Any advice gratefully received.

Regards

John.

Reply to
John Woodhall

I`d be tempted to ask the supplier to provide an isolator so any future work on his side can be done safely :-}

If he`s in the merseyside area email me...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I hadn`t thought of that actually Colin, good idea, as the seals to the mains fuse are already cut this would not be a big problem.

Alas no he is in the Midlands.

Regards

John

Reply to