Wiring and their colours

Copper vs aluminium by appearance - after cleaning. May help to hold a bit of known copper alongside if in doubt.

As Andy said, not after gently scraping it a bit.

Pass.

Reply to
Robin

And to add to the confusion the 3/029 and 7/029 stranded cables in the

50's and early 60's were tinned copper so not copper coloured.
Reply to
Mike Clarke

D'oh! I'm hanging my head in shame as it was only last year I came across some in a neighbour's socket and remembered to scrape it before concluding it was Al.

Reply to
Robin