Wireless switches/receivers

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will save a load of effort and mess.

Ta, Rick

Reply to
R D S

Don't they need L&N and a feed out and back to the lamp making them difficult to install in some places.

Reply to
dennis

I can think of places where they might be cost-effective, but for lights a simple PIR is probably usually going to be better. I've just installed a couple of PIR lights in the back of standard transport containers which are just being used as static storage. All you have to do is open the door and wave, and the light comes on.

Can recommend these

(I think the ones I put in were actually 6 watt for about £18)

Reply to
newshound

I haven't used them Rick but I shall be as there are a couple of situations where an extra light is wanted but I have been putting off doing the job because of the dust that chasing a wall causes. Thanks for identifying them.

Mike

Reply to
mail-veil

If your wiring is loop through, you will have a permanent live and neutral at the ceiling rose already. If not, you will have at least a switched live and a neutral, so remove the existing switch and replace with a terminal block to give a permanent live. In either case, connect receiver at ceiling rose, now you can add as many wireless switches as you need.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I've got a triple switch and two receivers controlling a couple of lights and a third receiver modified to send a pulse to the heating system to fire it up if needed when the timeswitch has shut it off. Works brilliantly. The switch is loose on the occasional table along the chair used by my semi disabled wife and she can work things without moving from her chair. Excellent fusion of RFID technology and the kinetic power generator based on a neodymium magnet and coil. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Not used any, but you might want to look at EnOcean as well

You might need to make a substantial hole in ceiling to shove the receiver in adjacent to rose ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have located a much cheaper option Rick:

mail-veil

Look again! The item you show is the switch only. A switch and receiver is over £33 very similar to the TLC product.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Ah yes I gave the wrong link - £28 for the pair .. but they may have only one

mail-veil

ARW should definitely get one so he could covertly film his latest apprentice trying to sort out the switch wiring.

Reply to
Peter Parry

No more switching off the light to save energy, because the controller is energised 24/7. Still the £200 free winter heating allowance will cover it.

Reply to
Andrew

I presume your wifes name is not Alexa ?

Reply to
Andrew

Can you be sure that's for the pair?

Seller doesn't know what county he's in!

Reply to
R D S

For sure, I checked with them this morning and they confirmed it is for the pair and they do have a quantity. They said "Thank you for your enquiry, yes it does come with the receiver and we do have a lot in stock with us being a new online business we can only list a certain amount, how many are you looking for? Kind Regards Tina". Shortly after they said, " I've managed to be able to list more items after ebay were happy with our credentials so just let me know how many you would like I can send you an offer." You will see that the listing has gone up to 10.

They are a new seller and finding their feet, got to start somewhere. I see what you mean about address ... Lancashire instead of Lanarkshire entered.

Reply to
mail-veil

Rick, I ordered one of these (mentioned earlier) and it arrived today

Absolutely delighted with it; tested with incandescent, CFL and LED lamps, high and low power. I didn't take the load anywhere near the rated current of 10A but no reason to think it wouldn't be good.

Mike

Reply to
mail-veil

That listing shows a two gang switch but only a single receiver. Is this what you got from them?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob, no as expected, a single-gang switch was supplied along with the single receiver.

Mike

Reply to
mail-veil

Thanks Mike, I was under the impression that TLC had the sole agency on these Quinetic products - I could be wrong. I've been very impressed with them and have had them working daily for the last 4 months or so. I also had the need to modify one to isolated momentary action and opened up a receiver which I thought was well designed & built.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I hadn't twigged that the TLC ones are branded as Quinetic but these are branded ENER-J and the Ebay advert only uses the word spelt as Kinetic being the way the switch produces energy. ENER-J is screen printed on the fuse on the controller; the TLC advert doesn't show a brand mark. Other than that they look absolutely identical. I hadn't looked before you raised this but I found the ENER-J web site and that says that they are not for sale in the UK! I located their Facebook page and asked on there the reason, especially if it was due to the frequency used or other regulation and got a very quick reply "Hi mike Its nothing to do with legality. We have got license to sell across EUROPE but have limited market in the UK for now."

So I checked on the Model number on the reverse of the module - ERC304 and here we have a distributor/manufacturer in China selling at $11USD for the 100 rate:

So yes I guess Quinetic do only sell through TLC and they have branded the same item that ENER-J market; all bought in from Baydosz in China.

Mike

Reply to
mail-veil