Wire insulation problem

How about hair fix spray. They Will evaporate and hold the Wires together. Or one may try spray bandage stuff, once dry they seal and hold firm.

Reply to
gopalansampath

Thanks everyone for your help. I have decided to be brave and try to take it apart. If I can get the old ribbon cable out without breaking anything then Pakatak sell a spare. I will update you all with success/problems as they occur.

Reply to
chade

The connector to the cable will probably be the type with a clip. Use a watchmakers screwdriver/tweezers/cocktail stick to move the clip forward on both sides by around 1mm to release the cable which can then be pulled out.

Reply to
alan_m

If you break it, aldi have them tomorrow ...

Andy Burns

And if you miss those then Lidl a week later.

Though it is a very basic less well specced model than the Aldi one , or indeed the one Lidl usually do which gave results equal to my Little Acorn.

GH

Reply to
Marland