Windows Cleaning - Source of 'extension poles' and are they any good?

Windows Cleaning ... house faces East/West and so the windows look grubby for at least half the day.

Are the 'extension pole' window cleaning systems any good?

Could hire a window cleaner, but that's not in the spirit of DIY!

I don't really fancy getting a ladder as they do tend to wobble a bit... although if a non-wobble ladder was available I'd be ok.

Oh, and any ideas where to get such a cleaning system and rough costs?

Have uPVC throughout being able to sponge the sills would be a bonus.

Many thanks. Steve

Reply to
StevieBoy

I have an aluminum extendible tube type which extends as far as house gutters, cost about £15.

Works OK but difficult to get squeegee to remove all water from window. Also its important to get cleaning liquid right. I use small amount washing up liquid and warm water.

I also try and clean the windows when neighbours not present.

Reply to
Mike1

I just visited an agricultural show and bought a truck wash down brush .... this is telescopic, has a really good brush head ... and a hose attached to bottom, and feeds water up through the pole.

Very good quality build - you could pick one up at any tractor or agricultural outlet I guess.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes