Window closer stuck

I'm a bit puzzled re a window closer on some plastic dg. Its rusted and siezed solid. I've got the window open, removed the handle and the screws holding the metal strip along the bottom of the opening light, but none of the metal of the mechanism then wants to budge anywhere. I presumed the 2 strips along the bottom would drop drop out, but they're showing no interest in moving anywhere. How are they meant to come out, and how can I persuade them?

NT

Reply to
NT

Angle grinder.