Wind turbines used to absorb a power surplus?

Yawn. It has to be a very STUPID bird.

Neither do you. I am sorry to dent your denialism, but around 20 million birds a year have to die.

Out here where there are at the moment no cats at all, I am not inundated with them

Probably because I dont feed the weaklings that get fat fall off the bird table and cant fly because of laziness and obesity

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Cataract surgery involves using a needle to emulsify and slurp out the old lens, and then uses another needle to inject the new artificial lens. It takes about 10 minutes.

Reply to
John Larkin

No, there are really not

They arent starting from cold. They are running at maybe 80%. Responses to steam throttles are instantanoous

You missed steam out of that list.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Here they dint shoot any deer for a few years. I saw over a hundred in a herd. The next year they got professional hunter in to get them down to the 10-20 herd sizes.

They have destroyed about 80% of anything I ever planted.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Those aren't birds. They are social security scroungers

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Depends on what you mean by romantic.

Most are into f****ng.

Reply to
Rod Speed

For some people, that is a component of romance.

Reply to
John Larkin

For plenty its the f****ng that they are into, no romance involved.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Sometimes dead coyotes are hung off a fence on that theory. Other things too.

rbowman

rbowman

Genetics isn't that simple.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I think it is. We are now flooded ruled and shouted down by ArtStudents™

The economy and society will collapse under its own weight and there wont be any competent engineers left to fix it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Times are changing. They even let wimmins be ingineers now.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Not gunna happen. There were enough engineers to fix the

2008 implosion of much of the world banking system fine.
Reply to
Rod Speed

At least we understand that critters that don't breed go extinct.

So the question is whether engineering talent is heritable. Of course it is.

Reply to
John Larkin

And even people who can't spell.

Reply to
John Larkin

So about 10 times too big to go in the vaccine hypodermic needle.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

I think from recent events you will find no-one fixed anything in the banking system. In 2008 it was exposure to some Micky Mouse financial products that started the runs and 2023 it's likely to be exposure to the collapsing Micky Mouse cyrpto market.

Reply to
alan_m

Those pet chips were designed decades ago when mobile phones were the size and weight of a couple of house bricks and were limited in functionality. Electronics and nano technology has moved on considerably since then :)

Reply to
alan_m

Assuming there are genetic components in engineering talent (and I'm not saying there isn't), it's possible that epigenetic factors determine whether those genes will be expressed.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton