Wiki: Generators

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Liquorice" saying something like:

Nonsense. It's still a very common option in rural areas.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember harry saying something like:

Christ, that brings back some memories of the steam heating pipes used to keep the furnace oil liquid at the steelworks.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Not really been following this but...

We use small (sub 5hp) diseasels in boats on our pond, for race management and that sort of thing. They normally start off the electric with no problem, but can be difficult in low temperatures. I've got one going by using the compression release after someone else had gone to get the hot kettle...

Obviously we don't operate when the temperature is much below freezing - the water goes hard - but they do live outside.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I regulary work with twinset mobile generators that you can barely hear when stood next to. Twinset, ie 2 x 150kW (might be larger) sets with synchronous change over, if one dies the other picks up the load seamlessly, mounted in acoustic housing on the back of a 7.5 tonne sized rigid lorry.

No very real, these sets won't be cheap of course...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice