Wickes Push Fit 15mm

Anybody know how to release a pipe from one of these?

It's the bags of five copper units they sell?

Are they one-time only?

Hope not :)))

Reply to
EricP

if thier copper they should be solderd....plastic are push fit...

Reply to
pat

nope, I've had screwfix jobbies apart several times.

you need a release tool

[news]

Ah, great stuff. :))

What exactly does it do? Press the inside collar into the fitting, releasing the circle of teeth?

Reply to
EricP

You can buy a small black plastic demounting yoke from Wickes - a sort of horseshoe shaped affair with handles - this allows you to depress the collar and release the pipe.

There is one available from Screwfix (17365) - cost £0.49 ( I think the Wickes one is about a quid)

HTH Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Berry

Going to that page I'm told that I may also be interested in some other push fitting ------- and a Chainsaw. I assume that the release tool doesn't work that well :)

Reply to
Alan

ROFL!!!

Reply to
EricP

Cheers, going back tomorrow for another look for one. (The staff were like snowmen) :))

Reply to
EricP

ROFL!!!

I thought the chainsaw was for helping to remove your fingers from the release tool when it all goes pear shaped. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

ROFL!!! Snowmen indeed? Their webpage says "Our friendly, experienced staff are always there to help you". Help you do what, is another matter.

Reply to
BigWallop

This was two staff actually filling the plumbing shelves. I was going to say "pipe" but didn't want to confuse them further, as it's actually on another section and they would have had to find their way there.

Reply to
EricP

Alan wrote: The screwfix site spent all of monday trying to sell me a chainsaw. They've even got posters for it at the Bristol trade counter.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Staff ... Help ... Wickes

Three words you don't tend to see in the same sentence. Bought some doors there the other day and from experience I know the trolleys mark the sides of the doors badly so placed them upright.

Wickes idiot : "You're supposed to place them flat - this trolley is designed for them." Me : "The only thing this trolly is designed to do is dent the side of the door." WI : "It's softwood - it's bound to mark." Me : "Not if I keep it upright." WI : "But it's Health and Safety." Me : "Then go away before it falls on you."

Reply to
Mike

ROFL!!! Like it. Did he manage to walk away without scraping his knuckles on the concrete floor? :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

No, he did The Wickes Snowman impersonation. Complete with old hat and staff issue briar pipe and scalf.

Reply to
EricP

unless they are copper push fit...

like:

answer to the OPs question, you probably need:

John Rumm

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:31:31 GMT, "BigWallop" strung together this:

My mate bought a chainsaw from Screwfix the other week, I don't know if that has any bearing on the matter?

Reply to
Lurch

Maybe I've been lucky then. I've found the Ashford and the Folkestone Wickes staff to generally be pretty good. Certainly streets ahead of Homebase or B&Q...

They seem to be willing to say "I don't know - I'll try to find someone else who does" instead of attempting to blag their way reading the packaging over my shoulder and spouting rubbish.

For some reason many shop staff seem to think they are being more helpfull by making things up that just admitting that they don't know :-(

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Even so you will find that Cuprofit can be very difficult to demount even with the tool. I find that a light smear of silicone grease before assembly is a good insurance policy should you find that you need to rework things.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Yep, found that out. :((

Thanks for the tip about the lube. :))