Wickes Loft isulation Last Day BOGOF

For anyone who was thinking of buying any loft insulation in the near future then note Wickes BOGOF offer on loft insulation ends at 4pm today.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I am puzzled by the loft-insulation prices in the sheds. Over the past few months, Wickes have seemed to alternate between selling particular kinds of insulation at "full price" and selling them with a BOGOF offer. For example, the 40cm wide rolls of Knauf Space Blanket have been priced at about £12, sometimes with a BOGOF offer, sometimes not. At the same time, my local B&Q has been selling them for £6.

I don't really understand whats going on. Are the stores selling insulation at close to cost, to get customers through the doors? Is there some kind of government subsidy involved? I'd like to understand, because I want to buy some more over the next few months.

Reply to
RaRaRa

How can a shop stop a special offer at 4 in the afternoon. It must be a logistic nightmare.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Sunday.

Our local place beats the Wickes price anyway.

Wickes' own unsheathed price beats it handsomely, if you don't mind installing it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Sunday.

Oops

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I notice that the Wickes web site says "Working with eon"

So there probably is a subsidy.

Adam.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In a different outlet, I once had an offer disappear between putting it in the trolley, loading some other things and getting to the checkout. When I queried it, the offer notice had gone from the shelves also.

They wouldn't honour the old price so I left it with them...

Reply to
John Weston

I believe there are some nice grants going around, and Wickes are in on them. I have just had a letter confirming that I am eligible for totally free loft insulation on these same grants. Totally free - I'm not an pensioner, on low income nor in a deprived area, and I don't know where the money is coming from, but I say take advantage of it while it's there.

-- Jason

Reply to
Jason

I have seen no grants that are free unless you are on "eligible benefits" or tax credits.

Adm

Reply to
ARWadsworth