Why this newsgroup is turning to *hit

It's because of too much diversity, it stuck in the 90,s. any one remember Telecom Gold?

John

Reply to
jim

Then why are you still here? bugger off somewhere else if they'll have you?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I aggree with Jim. I'm very into DIY so I dip back in here from time to time but it always has the same old bitching mostly about non-diy topics... Massive threads with no point to them, mostly boring stories from days gone by.

Reply to
O.B.

I agree.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

But it works.

It's a bit like having a job, doing the same boring thing day in day out 12 months a year now and again you need to relieve that bordom by having a change i.e a change is good as a rest.

"stuck in the 90,s".

I'm a bit baffled how you go about bring a DIY group like this into the

21st century?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

That's because people like you can't be bothered to show any context. Therefore no-one knows what on earth you are wittering on about.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Bring it contractors?

Reply to
dennis

Be interested to know what the subject actually means. It's been trimmed here to 'Why this newsgroup is turning to *hit' which looks like a typical dribble sentence...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Given the title of the thread its pretty damn obvious what I'm referring to. You do know how to view by thread don't you? Bye, Carry on enjoying the bitching and old-git stories

Reply to
O.B.

You have been dribbling down your cardigan again haven't you?

** snip senility **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You're only jealous because Nursie won't let you have a cardigan in case you choke on the buttons.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

This is a typical troll posting why do you all fall for it?

All it wants to be, is noticed...

(fyi - this group is the dogs bollocks & has helped me no end!!)

Reply to
JJJ

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

Bless!

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Post the right way up and trim to context and you will find it will help you a great deal more.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Well I'd just like to say a big thankyou to the many contributors to this group who have really helped me in the last few months. I am nearing the end of building a fairly huge 2-storey extension to my house including a massive kitchen extension, utility room, d/s toilet, office, bedroom and bathroom. I have received much extremely helpful advice from the planning stages, through detail designing to dealing with BCOs, wiring - I'm doing all the electrics, plumbing - I'm doing all the plumbing, heating - I'm doing...you get the picture. So stop whining about this group - if you don't like it go away and pester someone else. I think this group is superb!

A big thank-you to the regulars and the occasionals for all the help. You've saved me a fortune and I have a really high quality extension now.

Regards,

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

meaning?

Reply to
JJJ

It's completely up to you how you post. I'm just suggesting how you can get the most out of usenet. It that is good for you, all you need to do now is practice trimming to context.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I was wondering - is this you the poster below was referring to five years ago? (& have you been doing it ever since???)..... if so, you really need to get out more mate.

Andy Turner Oct 18 2000, 7:00 am show options Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile From: Andy Turner - Find messages by this author Date: 2000/10/18 Subject: Andy Luckman - Top Post Whiner Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

Having just returned to this group after a couple of weeks away, I see that Andy Luckman's up to his usual tricks of whining about people top-posting. Of his 18 postings in the last week or so 16 consisted of him whining to people who exercise their freedom and prefer to top-post. In every case where people even bother to reply to his bleating, it's to tell him where to get off, which generally ends up in Luckman running to his killfile.

Very rarely does anyone take *any* notice of his "everyone should do as I do" requests, so you really have to wonder why he bothers - maybe he likes being told to f*ck off?

Seems he just isn't getting the message that he's fighting a losing battle and that maybe he ought to accept change and get on with it. Most people can, I wonder why he can't...

andyt

Reply to
JJJ

pmsl! I think you both need to get out more.