White spindles

Do white spindles on an otherwise stripped wood stair case look any good?

Currently stripping the lot, but the spindles are hard work, hence the question!

Thanks

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

Only you can answer that! Surely this is purely subjective; either you like it or you don't. I've seen it done, I think it looks ok, but not really to my taste.

Reply to
Grunff

About as good and as tasteful as white high heels.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Exactly my point - there are some situations where they are appropriate ;-)

Reply to
Grunff

Ah, sounds like a big no no then.

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

White high heels look fine on me - course, I have to have a really good shave .......

I'll get my coat

Reply to
Paper2002AD

I'm not allowed to go to places like that.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

If i was in your shoes and I still couldn;t face stripping them. I would re paint them in a matt or low shine black. Ideally, try to obtain a black metallic finish.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Just buy some new ones. Probably cheaper than paint stripper and abrasives and certianly a lot less messy. Stain and/or finish to match the existing staicase. The old ones will make a great bonfire in November.

Will

Reply to
gribblechips

Whoa! If it's an old house and the spindles can be removed, just take them to a door stripping place.

Would be much cheaper than buying new spindles of the same quality, might even be worth doing other parts of the staircase that way.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C