which door handles

got white 6 panel interior cheap b and q doors and bought the polished value pack victorian handles, which i've really gone off. they show up smudges too easily. so i know i need some s/steel or satin chrome ones, but what design? i want modern, contempary instead of period style. any suggestions? there are packs on ebay, i need 5 door sets.

Reply to
benpost

Tricky not knowing your taste, I've got some shaped like teapots...but then I could just be showing off. They also did chilli pepper shaped ones if you want a longer handle. Homebase do quite a good range and could be a good starting point for ideas even if you don't find any that actually grab you in there.

Reply to
Lino expert

screwfix? toolstation?

Reply to
jim

screwfix seem expensive for handles, even if you buy a pack of 5.

i'm looking for modern contempary but simple nothing fancy.

Reply to
benpost

You have already skimped by buying cheap ones. Where did that get you? Asking for advice on here ...

... and then ignoring it! ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

well i see your point but i just never thought about it before, and ended up disliking the polished chrome, and victorian shape. screwfix set of 5 is around =A350/60 quid where as there are similar looking ones on ebay for =A330-35. would there be a difference do you think?

Reply to
benpost

Best I've come across were at Ikea.

Reply to
john

I have no idea. I think you need to look at this sort of thing in the metal before buying.

Unless they were designs I already knew, or came from a highly reputable supplier, I wouldn't entertain the idea of buying them online and unseen (except in some low quality tiny photo that is usually designed to mislead rather than inform).

First I would visit a good local ironmonger, then if that shop didn't have what I wanted, shop around.

Reply to
Bruce

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The mind boggles...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Jealousy's a cruel mistress - my handles are a sight to behold.

Reply to
Lino expert

This is turning into UK-Carry On :-)

"A woman asked me for a double entendre the other day - so I gave her one".

Reply to
The Medway Handyman