Where your DIY donations go.

More than 120 charities have given their staff unconscious bias training, an investigation has found, amid questions on why donations are being spent on ?virtue signalling?. Parkinson's UK, the Alzheimer?s society, the Red Cross, and the International Rescue Committee (IRC) are among the big-name charities providing courses, despite a Government report finding they do not work.

Most charities have refused to reveal how much they are spending on consultants and training days, but day courses aimed at the sector are being advertised at around £300 per person.

Reply to
jon

Could be saved simply by HR leaving a stack of newspapers in the interview waiting room.

If someone picks up the daily mail, daily express or the sun, then we may have a problem ....

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Precisely why one should not donate to such entities.

Readers will no doubt remember the late 80s scandal involving so-called "anal dilation". And the eminent professor who was unable to do sums and declared that three cot deaths in the same family must mean murder. The woke/antifa/XR/BLM/PC bollocks we are seeing these days are just that sort of thing erupting again.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What though where someone, like me, reads the Daily Mail, The Independent and The Guardian?

Reply to
Steve Walker

charity is just a big business....nothing else

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart

ALL charity? Or some specific one/types?

Just curious, Or are you just feeling bilious?

Reply to
Jim Jackson

Yes well, Its always been the case but, charities do run courses to make money from erm, often other charities, though high street names do send there folk there. I'm not so sure that a very wide ranging couple of days to deal with blind deaf wheelchairs, learning difficulties Bame etc, can ever be totally unbiased or indeed able to be absorbed by the attendees, and who sets themselves up as an expert in these areas. Myself, I'm happy to advise on font sizes communications formats and the implications of blindness on street designs for nothing, since a lot of it I have experienced first hand. Sadly its not the companies who need the training who bother to ask. and that includes councils, nhs and the like. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa