Where to get freezer door sealing strip?

The door sealing strips on my mum's ancient chest freezer (ooh, missus!) have packed up. ISTR someone in this very parish talking about where to get replacements, a few moons back. I thought it was CPC but a quick root around their site reveals nothing.

Any clues?

Reply to
John Stumbles

You have to phone them for white goods spares. Most aren't on the website or in their catalogue.

I learned yesterday that even if you know the correct white goods part number, you can't order it online anymore -- has to be ordered by phone, fax, or email.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I have a few years ago bought a specific one and a generic kit from CPC. If they have stopped doing them then I'd at a loss to know where to go.

could try espares.co.uk or sparesforhome.co.uk ?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks Ed (and Andrew).

CPC denied all knowledge. Local appliance repair in Reading (Apple) said they didn't/wouldn't sell generic replacemeent as it's crap but could get proper kits for even very old freezers. However the badge has fallen off the front of my mum's freezer: there's possibly a plate round the back but it's a full-length chest freezer, it's full, and it's 100+ miles away :-(

Reply to
John Stumbles