Where to find old eg electrical conduit for allotment!?

I'm trying to build a framework (to be covered with lightweight plastic mesh) on an allotment. The height needs to be about 6-7 feet. Ideal for this would be scrap electrical (steel) conduit. Any ideas where I might get some? Bent bashed rusty whatever - I can use it. Failing that I guess its resort to long garden canes. Thanks.

Reply to
dave

Have you not seen the pikeys travelling round everywhere in their flat bed transits? They take any metal placed outside in skips the same day as it is put out for rubbish. Finding such a source of good straight conduit will be near impossible, unless you know someone who is taking some out.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I use mesh on the veggies, no support frame needed.

Reply to
misterroy

Can't help on a source.

For permanent climbing beans I have 8' lengths of scaffold poles for the end uprights and.... a length of galvanised conduit for the top spacer. Plastic mesh attached to strainer wires.

Galvanised water barrel is horrendously expensive to buy. Blame the Chinese:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb