Where have all the automatic car washes gone?

Use a similar wand on the hose ,fortunately our water pressure is fairly high so no need to get a p/washer out. Also there are a number of fords around here with nice fresh water flowing so after salt spreading has finished a trip or two through one will get the worst off until a more thorough job can be done. This one we use regularly is good because it is Irish bridge style and has no gravel or slimey stones to worry about.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Same here. There are still a couple of automatic car washes locally, but the cheapest wash settings don't include the underbody wash, and even the one with a guy with a pressure washer doing a pre-wash in the queue I wouldn't expect to get all the mud off the underside when the car has been off road.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Dave Plowman (News) laid this down on his screen :

+1

I have the equipment to hand, because I have other vehicles to wash occasionally - I save time driving to the wash and of course the fuel.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield