Where Can I find a pad-lockable box to store documents?

Lockable/Padlockable box to store documents

Hi I need to keep some stuff stored safely:

- a few A4 documents

- passport

- some medical documents incl. psychiatrist reports

-- nothing VALUABLE. Just private. So nothing I would want my cleaner or partner to see.

Where can I buy a small(ish) metal box? with a lock? Preferably a padlock (i have a combination padlock - less hassle than keys)

Reply to
Mike

|Lockable/Padlockable box to store documents | | |Hi I need to keep some stuff stored safely: | |- a few A4 documents |- passport |- some medical documents incl. psychiatrist reports | |-- nothing VALUABLE. Just private. So nothing I would want my cleaner |or partner to see. | | |Where can I buy a small(ish) metal box? with a lock? Preferably a |padlock (i have a combination padlock - less hassle than keys)

Your local locksmith will have lots, try Yellow Pages for Locksmiths

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Rymans, Staples, etc. Or any office equipment supplier.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Be warned that not all A4 document boxes will actually hold a flat sheet of A4. A couple of years ago I bought a fireproof document box that called itself A4, but had to return it as it was about 5mm undersize and no good for what I wanted. If the size is critical for your purposes, make sure you measure it.

Reply to
Roly

How about a fire safe, given that the contents might be hard to get=20 duplicates of ?

Costs of around =A330 upwards are typical

Reply to
Colin Wilson