When is an electrical 20mm fitting not a 20mm thread ?

Which would explain why a 20mm metric spiggot does not screw into the threaded socket on the coughtrie arm (the latter approx 19 mm).

I'll probably end up shaving off the threads on the plastic gland and hammering it into the socket, with some silicone to hold it. all I want is something to avoid metal to electric cable contact. Why are some simple tasks so difficult ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Just had a reply from Coughtrie in Glasgow. It is a 3/4 inch female thread, so a suitable (brass/stainless steel) adapter is needed to use a 20mm cable gland.

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew I have pointed you twice to exactly the type of adaptor you need.

Here it is again:

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Ugly, and I want a brass one, but will end up sticking the plastic gland in my neighbours lathe and reducing its diameter by about a mm then it can be 'persuaded' to fit the socket.

Reply to
Andrew