Them windmills ovver theer -- from my corespondents

As anybody ever noticed that when the wind turbines are turned on they create such a strong wind . Blowing trees over an blowing tiles off of the roofs. Then when they turn them off it's nice an calm . I think it's about time they learnt how 2 control them properly b4 installing more . ......

I asked my mate about this. I said, "Somebody telled me them windmills have got dynamos and they actually MAKES electric!" He knows a thing or two does Harold. He said it were a daft idea. He said, "Remember when you was a kid and you had a dynamo light on your bike? What happened when you stopped?" "Light went out dinnit?" "Yeah, so what would happen if they used them windmills to make electric and t'wind stopped blowing?" "Oh yeah. I never thought of that." I tell yer, he knows a thing or two does Harold.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I'm surprised he'd not noticed there were bikes around in the 50s where the lights changed over to battery when you stopped. Then it was dry cells. Today, you'd use Li-ion.

And of course then plenty remote farms etc got their electricity from wind. And charged batteries for when there wasn't any.

You seem to hang around with some pretty unobservant types, Bill?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News