whats the scam

Err, if an email could be successful phishing money from your bank account, it means you must already have access set up. So don't click on any link in that email - use the address you normally use in your browser.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

WTF do people mean by an "address book"? To me, it's either a dog eared book with alphabetic tabs down the side, or it's a database of email addresses. URLs are stored as "bookmarks" or "favorites".

Reply to
Max Demian

Where did you get the idea 'ibank' was ever an actual URL for Barclays?

As I said you are a scammer's dream.

What was said was 'ibank' was once *part* of the URL for Barclays Bank.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Pray tell, why would you use a link to your bank account you'd not used for 5 years?

Is your address book full of things from the distant past that no longer work?

If so, no wonder you don't know how to used it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Some of us have one that stores everything. ;-) Snail mail address, email, telephone numbers and URL. Etc.

Although using your bookmarked ones does the same thing. But not if you bookmark all the scam sites too, which apparently some do.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

For me it's the name given to Apples Contacts app. which sychs with my mobile devices and computers. It keeps names, emails, birhdays, phone numbers, additional notes of people and companies, but I DO NOT have an entry for my bank or any other finacail service. I aslo don't see the need to input my local supermarkets either.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I don't that is the point. I type what I am looking for NEW every single time.

No idea I don't use my address book for URLs.

Reply to
whisky-dave

You're making things up again. Nowhere did I give the complete URL I use for Barclays online banking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)