What to use on wall capping

Needs some ideas.

Have built some large raised beds in garden .... intent is to clad the outside in wood to match external building cladding.

taking wall of 100mm wide plus some vertical batten of at least 38 mm then the cladding .... I have around 160mm finished 'wall thickness

Need to have a top 'capping to cover this .............. so looking for ideas on what to use.

After a holiday in Canaries I thought Lava rock would be great .. they use it for copings & capping there .... but could not find a supplier in UK.

I could use wood, in which case I would overlap outside edge and fit a 20 x

20 horizontal nosing under the leading edge, making the capping in effect 'hockey stick' section,. The nosing providing overlap to cladding would look neater.

This means top piece of wood comes in around ...225 wide .... now decking is not wide enough, and if I put plain sawn timber may not look to good.

I did think (but nor for long) about concrete 'hogs back' capping .... but as this will need occasional stepping on to get at 'garden' not ideal as they would probably come loose. (plus quantity required would be expensive)

So looking for ideas on a durable & decorative capping.

Reply to
Rick Hughes