What to do with half a day in Dorset

Tyneham? It's not listed in IMDB as being used in any episodes of Avengers - only in a film called Comrades in 1986. But IMDB's locations details are very sketchy - only as and when people recognise them!
It may have been Imber, in the middle of Salisbury Plain, which was also evacuated, never to be returned to, in the 1940s.
On 06/09/2019 19:13, ARW wrote:

If the weather is crap, I can recommend the Three Horseshoes in Burton Bradstock for food and beer. (Rented the cottage next door a couple of months ago).
look for a hooker ...
On 06/09/19 19:13, ARW wrote:

Agree about the tank museum. If the weather is good and you like animals Monkey World is nearby.
--

Jeff

On 06/09/2019 21:17, Jeff Layman wrote:

Wednesday could be a bit cloudy with some light rain in Dorset, but coming from Yorkshire, Adam might not even notice it.
On 08/09/2019 11:58, Andrew wrote:

I was thinking then that unless he does the M6/M5, the fleet air arm museum is on the way.
But looking at the map, I wouldnt go any futher east than I had to from Yorkshire
--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!

On 06/09/2019 19:13, ARW wrote:

Tank Museum

--
djc

On 06/09/2019 19:13, ARW wrote:

Visit Devon.
On 08/09/2019 10:54, Andrew wrote:

Which part of it is in Dorset?
And do you want me do tell you how the school teacher told where in Devon she had just been on holiday?
Well I am going to tell you anyway.
Her "Well you know how Devon is sort of this shape [makes squarish shape with fingers and thumbs] we were up at the top bit"
--
Adam