What sort of TV/FM multiplexor gives the lowest signal loss ?

I bought an MK TV/FM dual output faceplate on Saturday, code K3552DAB WHI thinking that it would have two separate coax inputs, and the cable clamp on the back has two 'holes' side by side but after removing the cover clamp, only one 'hole' allows the core to be pushed inside, the other seems to be a dummy.

QED It has some circuitry inside to separate FM/DAB from TV frequencies.

Therefore in the loft I need something that does the reverse but I can't find any obvious products on sale. I watched a YouTube video from someone claiming to be an aerial expert and he was brandishing a little silver box made by Triax that looked like a TV modulator, with one coax output and two inputs, one from the TV aerial and the other from FM/DAB. Who sells these ?

What sort of signal loss would this entail ?, I ask this because I live in a hollow in Sussex with rising ground to the South and North and then further out are the South Downs and North Downs, so both main BBC transmitters on the IOW and in Kent are distant and 'over the hill'. This is why I have pulled two separate coax cables into the lounge, one for TV one for FM, but there doesn't seem to be an MK LOgic faceplate for two separate coax's.

I could use a modular faceplate with two separate coax inserts but that does not match the MK Logic profile. Bugger.

Reply to
Andrew

Keep your VHF and UHF circuits separate if at all possible. combining and then decombining is a messy thing. Dual coax sockets with 2 in 2 out are available. Or you could make one.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

A combiner, such as

or, in most cases, another of the same outlet that you have can be used to combine signals (they work both ways).

I don't know, but as you were planning to run two separate co-axes, why not do that anyway and just use a twin output plate with independent connections. Although I can't immediately see any with male and female co-axial connectors, you can get them with a pair of f-connectors

and just buy flying leads that have F-connectors on one end.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I have run two coaxes but MK do not make a faceplate with the MK LOgic shape that accepts two separate cables. In fact I have yet to find any such product, apart from a modular plate with two separate slot-in coax modules.

Reply to
Andrew

Don't they have a "blank" faceplate? Just make your own. Either fit sockets, or drill holes, put in grommets, and have flying leads coming out.

Reply to
newshound

That will be the last resort. Already considered.

Reply to
Andrew

These also a type with a brush cover to the outlet.

Reply to
charles

Not in MK Logic style though. The DIY approach on an MK LOgic blank front is the only solution, though I would still like to try the combined signal approach to see if it works, but only if I can find out how much signal loss is involved.

Reply to
Andrew

Where there's the will ..............

Fredxx

They are terrible product.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Not very much. I combine satellite feed, UHF TV and FM/DAB radio into a single down feed and have a correspondingly exotic 3 way splitter plate.

You should be able to get a dual passive socket. eg

I don't know if MK do one.

Reply to
Martin Brown

£32 incl VAT and carriage

Fuck me

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Reassuringly expensive

Or buy Qty 10 gold ones in a Euro-module from CPC for the same price

|pcrid|224635168920|kword||match||plid||slid||product|AV26863|pgrid|46533246385|ptaid|pla-886288031758|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&s_kwcid=AL!5616!3!224635168920!!!network}!886288031758!&gclid=CjwKCAjw0a-SBhBkEiwApljU0j51iTb7eJKGhZvKtoxVP1Avxua5m7hq403ME3qvvvPW1TtuP6tuDBoCW3gQAvD_BwE>
Reply to
Mark Carver

£16 delivered
Andy Burns

That's not the same thing though !

The 32 quid product is nothing more than two separate 'feed-thru' f-types in a plate, but for half that price you've found a VHF/UHF diplexer instead !

Reply to
Mark Carver

In the early days of satellite systems in flats I couldn't get the outlet plates I wanted so I ended up making a jig and doing my own. It was cost effective.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

By the way, years ago Labgear used to sell a one-in two-out plate that incorporated a splitter. A sometimes drawback was that the splitter was something called a Wilkinson splitter that didn't work at VHF.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Why does no-one make an isolated F socket to fit in a metal plate?

Neutric do a range of oddities mounted in a chassis XLR body. Toslink, phono, RJ45, telphone, etc. Handy as only one cutter needed. But not an F outlet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

They do for D-Series cut outs

Mark Carver

Ah - thanks for that. I'd only searched for Neutric ones, to match others. But not recently.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News