What size Skip

Apparently if you promise to only fill it with topsoil or clean hardcore, they can sell that rather than paying to dispose of other stuff. They don't generally offer this option - you have to ask.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Mine was lifted over an 80cm garden wall. They use a grab with a pretty long reach.

I paid £12 for the bag & £75 for collection for a 1.5 tonne/cubic metre bag - which is a lot cheaper than the last skip I had.

I also like them because you can buy one in advance of the job & open it out just before you start. Plus they collect really quickly so you don't have the aggro of trying to get the buggers to pick it up.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If it's the one dated from the days of GEC National1 its a horrid beast!

Reply to
<me9

Eh? I paid not far over £100 for am 8cu yard skip, granted it was four years ago, and in a different part of the country.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's a lot cheaper than a 6 yard skip around here (SE London) now, which come in about =A3160. An 8 yard is =A3190.

But both hold a lot more than 1.5 m3 so it's like comparing unit prices of grapes with melons. But as an absolute you can't fault the logic they are cheaper.

Reply to
Bolted

I reckon around here they would want £150+.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Probably would be similar here now (I can't remember exactly what it was before probably £120ish) depends if you can usefully fill the rest of a skip I suppose, somehow I got it into my head you were claiming the hippobag was cheaper per volume, rather than just cheaper.

Reply to
Andy Burns