What's wrong with this product?

I'm expecting a much bigger food price hike than that. Covid has resulted i n quite a lot of food losses, and 1 billion people in China now have no foo d to harvest, so will be buying everyone else's. It won't be good.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It is just an evaporative cooler,nothing new, have been around for centuries, coolgardie safes were an early type.

F Murtz

I would only really want it if it took dust out of the air....house is quite cool which is more than can be said of the tin box caravan....

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

T i m said elsewhere that "If we don't try to help people by pointing out the error of their ways they will start to think it's acceptable and post even more junk....", so in that spirit:

Water has a Latent Heat of Evaporation of 2458 kJ/kg

Let's say the wet towel in a PP's posting holds 100g of water.

This will require 246 kJ to evaporate.

Air has a Cv of 0.7171 kJ/kgK (specific heat at constant volume)

For a 10K temperature drop that will require 7.17 kJ/kg.

But we need 246kJ, which will require 246/7.17 = 34kg of air

Air has a density of 1.2 kg/m^3

34kg of air ~=28m^3.

So, in theory a wet towel holding 100g of water and fed with air from a fan can drop the temperature of a room of 2m x 3m x 4.75m by 10 degrees K.

In practice heat flow and any air flow into the room, will reduce this figure, but the calculation shows the potential of evaporative cooling.

I'll leave T i m to work out if there's a deliberate mistake in the above - after all, he's right-brained and can see the bigger picture...

No vegetables have been harmed in the production of this message.

Reply to
Spike

I find that opening the loft hatch during the day, where it is about

45C during the day results in really hot air being blown down into the house if there is any outside air movement. I open the loft hatch at about 7PM and leave it open all night so that the hot air upstairs can make its way into the loft and out of the ridge vent, drawing in cooler air on the gound floor.
Reply to
Andrew

That's going to cause them some problems if they try and boycott US soya, or Kiwi/Oz meat and dairy in retaliation for comments made about China's stupid decision to stop people from Wuhan from flying to other parts of China, but still allowed to fly all around the world.

Reply to
Andrew

Excellent, 10/10!

Ironically, all you have done there Spikey my boy is demonstrate your continuing lack of comprehension of the whole brain lateralisation thing, even at it's most stereotypical level (oh, and your desperation to engage me in conversation).

See, a right brainer would be willing to investigate the options and put some into practice, likely in the order of the best chance of it working for the least / cost / effort, they would leave the maths to those like you.

Only if it gave you a headache or erection doing it. [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] Lets's assume for a second you aren't actually completely stupid and do eat a balanced diet that should include plenty of fruit and vegetables, you are likely to already being more a vegetarian than you are meat eater? Hypocrisy much?
Reply to
T i m

spread the goodness

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

What's wrong with it is the identical model is sold at Argos for 25 quid:

I like the 500 litre tank - in only a 17.5cm cube too :)

Theo (A colour changing mood light would rapidly turn my mood into 'turn the **** light off'...)

Reply to
Theo

That was too easy.

Next time you make a dismissive, throwaway remark, do your sums first. If you can...

Reply to
Spike

What was?

WTF are you on about now you trolling weirdo (not that I really care but it's like watching a robot trying to deal with the natural world).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Oh well at least the mood light doesn't seem to be changing on this one....very poorly made piece of junk

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

just back from argos with one...I will buy any old tat ......

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

I tell a lie...I tell a lie it is multi coloured....just couldn't see it in the sun.....

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Thieving bastards the box says "USB cable and adaptor included"....no adaptor in the box.....

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Yep, ceiling fans really do make indoors far more comfortable. I doesn't take much gentle air movement for your sweat to do what it's supposed to do.

No sure that brit houses with 8' ceilings are really high enough though, 9 or 10' would be better. I can touch an 8' ceiling...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

lets see if argos live chat is any good ...only been waiting half an hour

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

gave up...the instructions says adaptor not included anyway.....duped again

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

No, quite. ;-)

8' 6" here in the lounge (possibly lower upstairs) so getting there ... ;-)

I have a wall mounted 12" wall mounted fan in the kitchen (again, just to move air) on a clock plug thing and keyhole mounts so I can take it down easily for cleaning.

The plastic fan blades went brittle and broke (when cleaning) over time so I found an ally fan blade on eBay and fitted that (turned up an adaptor hub). It works in that it spins but there is too much 'blade' to get any sort of real airflow.

I did think of trying to cut the blade(s) cord down to reduce the surface area (and so let the revs come back up) but I'm not going to do that in this weather!

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

never mind lovely and cooling ahhhhhhhh