What's this wall-plate for?

Question asked on a Web forum, Can anyone identify this?

Graham.

Shocking bad paint job bottom right. Socket looks a bit like a European

9mm IEC male, as used for VHF TV and radio. But the surround would prevent the use of a female with a thick outer.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It looks from the legend that you might push or screw some sort of key into it, possibly to lock or release something (elsewhere)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I think it's just a picture of a right angle Belling Lee plug.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Only if they can't handle 3D pictures. ;-)

The image indicates to me a 'key' similar to the ones you get on some of the cycle 'D' / shackle locks.

Maybe it's just that, a 'secure' isolator of some sort?

I can't see how it is likely to be any TV aerial type connection on what looks like an external type wall?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It would help if we had geater evidence of its surroundings and why you want to know, assuming you took the photo, and are not just curious about someone else's query on the unnamed web forum.

Reply to
Dave W

Yes its a link to a picture. I claim my prize! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I'd say it was an outdoor TV aerial socket or similar and there should be a sealing plug/bung for when it's not in use which you hang on a nearby nail when it is in use.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur