What's the grid size for ordnance survey maps 1:1250?

I've received a copy of a map of a site plot for an old property that we've almost decided to buy (negotiations ongoing). The map is originally from the local council and shows in detail the outline of the plot, scale 1:1250. It's been reduced and no "rulers" are included on my copy, just a grid that I would guess is 100m. On the photocopy it says "OS Map: Reproduced by Permission of Ordnance Survey".

The vendor and agent haven't measured up the plot themselves ("we

*believe* it to be blah blah") and the agent's own copy of the map doesn't show anything that he didn't send me. So does anyone know what the grid size of a 1:1250 Ordnance Survey map might be? I guess our future solicitor and surveyor will know very well but if anyone knows before I kick their taxameters into action then I'd be grateful.
Reply to
oh-news

Does the map show varying coordinate values at bottom right that depend on pointer location. If not you need to calibrate the map. In London you could use the Google aerial maps for example.

john2

Reply to
john2

The message from oh-news contains these words:

Well the local map hanging on my wall certainly has grid lines at 100m intevals (80mm at 1:1250).

Reply to
Roger

The current OS 1:1250 "Superplan" has a 100m grid. I've only seen kilometer squares on OS maps from 1:50000 through to 1:5000 I would guess the only grids will be 1000m, 100m and 10m(?).

Also try

interactive mapping based on OS digital mapping - data goes down to displayed street name scale.

PeterK

Reply to
PeterK

Try the "Planning" section of the LA website. Ours (LB Bromley), at least, has on-line access to high resolution OS maps, and you can even go well outside the Borough if you pan or enter a postcode.

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran