What's the correct name for this?

What's the proper name for those sprung-metal clips which can hold posts or tubes or similar circular cross-section objects? Dreadfully rough sketch of what I mean:

thanks.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Terry Clip.

Reply to
Graham.

Thank you! Most of my efforts to find out by Googling lead me to video clips of underground trains...

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

It's only a matter of time before Google will recognise your pencil sketch.

Reply to
Graham.

Good pencil sketch, btw.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Thanks. Though it occurred to me after I uploaded it that the arrow is going the wrong way: the tube should move into the clip on the wall, not the other way around.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Ahh, but you could be removing the tube and not installing it. In which case you were correct.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Which was of course my intention all along. Thanks.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Yes, I immediately recognized exactly the part the OP had in mind --- and had no idea what it was called either. Oh well!

Reply to
Adam Funk

But there must be loads of examples where the clip is on the moveable part, and the tube is fixed.

Kick-boards and furniture carcase legs?

Reply to
Graham.

So Bert has been correct twice:-)