What is this lamp fitting called?

Christmas tree bulbs, running on a 12V transformer (I think, my note just says "2 volts", so I guess they are in sixes):

The weird thing is I am certain that I asked the same question here about them about 10 years ago, but I can find no trace of that, nor anything in my email for the ones I bought then.

Thanks for helping, we're down to the last two, so I'd better get some replacements in for this year.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Probably get a whole set of LEDs cheaper than spare incandescent bulbs, only ever known them referred to as push-fit fairly lights ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

harry

Is that a politically correct term for a gender variable implication of a luminosity point source?

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

That's a nice chart, but I don't see any Christmas lights.

From what I recall there are about 6 different incompatible types. We gave up and bought some LED ones ... at least 5 years ago.

They just work. And they're low voltage, much cooler, and less likely to set fire to the tree.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I found that even fittings that looked the same weren't compatible between sets, so you would need to find spares from whoever made your original set. Time to join the LED brigade.

Reply to
Graham Nye

I know that LEDs would make more sense, but these are my Christmas lights, and I like them and want to keep them going...

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida