What is this clip

They only last a couple of years down my cesspit - even the stainless ones.

Reply to
Huge

I fail to see why you're arguing in their favour. I never said they were useless at their job, just that they are cheap, nasty and awkward to remove, and non-reuseable. You stick to your opinion.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In my opinion they are very good, I have two air hoses, one professionally crimped and one I used these clips on, guess which one leaks like a sieve

Reply to
F Murtz

I see more worm jubilee, plastic ratchet, banjo or compression than I do crimp...

I can't see how that two eared crimp can ever supply and even all round pressure onto the pipe. There are two places where there is no clip to pipe contact for a start.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Cheap is good, provided the item lasts as long as it needs to. It means less of Society's resources are being wasted.

This is merely your opinion.

What's this go to do with anything? If you engineer it right, you don't expect more than a few to need replacing out of every million installed.

If I buy a car, I'd rather have it last 10 years needing no hoses and crimped connectors being replaced than use expensive connectors "just in case". No doubt you're also annoyed that they've removed grease nipples from cars, and starting handles.

Reply to
Tim Streater