What is the certificate I should precure from my central heating installer?

Good day,

What is the document I should be sure to get from the installer of my domestic gas-fired hot-water central heating system, that is useful to have when I come to sell the house shortly - and maybe for insurance purposes?

I vaguely recall that some pre-sale questionnaires often ask if the central heating installed by a licensed contractor and does it meet with standard xxx, etc....

So is there a specific document I should try and procure from the installer?

Thanks,

Phil_K

Reply to
Phil K

We were just asked to have the boiler serviced & provide a copy of the invoice.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

There is an installation check list which comes with most new boilers which the installer should complete and give to the householder. Generally required for warranty claims etc. I assume that this should include the HETAS registration details.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Gas safety certificate. They should check the pressure to ensure there are no leaks.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

"David WE Roberts" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Thanks, Dave. I have a "Gas Safety Inspection Report" signed by the installer. There's no mention of HETAS anywhere though. How important is it to have proof of the installer's HETAS registration? (I've never heard of HETAS until today, but then I'm not usually involved with this sort of thing.

PK

Reply to
Phil K

Jonathan wrote in news:8d52f95f-4eb8-4fe7-9d9a- snipped-for-privacy@d17g2000vbv.googlegroups.com:

I've got a Gas Safety Instection Report, signed by the installer. It has a serial number and I was left with a green carbon copy. Is that the same thing you are referring to?

PK

Reply to
Phil K

HETAS is only for solid fuel appliances... (its like the wood burner equal to Gas Safe)

On completion of work your fitter will normally notify building control (via Gas Safe one presumes). So you may get a completion cert posted to you from them as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

Sounds like it - mine are called Gas Installation/ Safety Record

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Hi Phil

Along with gas requirements....

If it's a total new install - Part P electrical installation certificate maybe? Particularly relevant if boiler etc is in special location e.g. kitchen.

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

In message , Phil K writes

Apart from what others have said, he should notify the manufacturer of the installation for warranty purposes

also for you

gas safe identification commissioning test

Reply to
geoff

Your installer should notify the installation of the boiler in accordance with building regs, and you should receive a certificate that this has been done. This is what you'll want when selling up.

The installer should also complete the "Benchmark" log book (which may be in the back of the boiler installation & servicing manual, or may be separate) as well as leaving the manual with you. They should also show you how the system controls work. They may register the boiler manufacturer's warranty for you or complete part of the registration for you to do the rest.

Reply to
YAPH

YAPH wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

OK - thank you. Many thanks to all who advised. Seems like all is in order (or will be, after I receive the building regs certificate.

PK

Reply to
Phil K