What fixing technique should I use to screw heavy bracket into dificult wall.

The wall intro which I want to fix a pair of brackets which will need to support a pair of 18 litre water cisterns is about 200 years old and appears to be a mix of mortar, stones and rough looking brick. I guess is is a typical wall construction for the period. It is a georgian style city building.

Can anybody suggest what fastening method I should use; rawlplugs and body filler, rawlbolts etc .. ?

Reply to
Tim
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

With that wall, not a chance. How about suspending from above?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth (•¿•)

I'd fix something floor-to-ceiling to take the weight - fixing into the masonry will probably fail and take a chunk of wall with it. Or maybe you can fix a few studs through the wall with a steel plate on the other side to spread the load.

Reply to
Rob Morley