wet room shower drain

Hi,

We've been unsuccessfully trying to find a clamping ring drain for a "wet room" shower. We're sandwiching a heavy-duty damp proof membrane (shower pan liner) between a sloped mortar bed and need a drain (with trap -- are these called trapped floor gullies?) that will clamp in the DPM and has weep holes that allow any water trapped above the DPM in this mortar bed to also drain away. So far we've only come across Aco, but they seem to only do industrial sizes. Wedi only seems to do proprietary drains for their cement board systems. Does anyone know of suppliers in the UK or Ireland of this type of drain?

Thanks, Gina

Try googling for " wade gullies" they may have something to suit. Rob

Reply to
rob w

Where can I get design details for a wet room floor i.e. for shower room on 1st floor t&g boards?

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
jacob

The only way to make the floor water tight is to lay a fibre glass base with drainage allowance somewhere. Quite literally making the whole floor a like a shower base sort of style. Flimsy membranes or powder coatings or even tiles, no matter how water resistant they say they are, would not be suitable for a good wetroom floor, especially if it is on top of tongue and grooved floorboards.

Glassing kits can be bought, but are quite expensive, so all I can suggest is shop around for the cheapest supplier.

Reply to
BigWallop

What about vinyl? The wet room floor constructed as a shallow pan (4 inch deep?) from w.b.p. ply or other stable-when-wet material. Corners with internal radius - made up with silicon sealant or other compo applied with profiled scaper, or timber moulding applied. Sheet vinyl laid on dressed into horizontal corners but with vertical corners cut and bedded on sealant and held in place with screw-through corner pieces , wood or metal etc. Drainage through Wade gulley GV 52. Walls tiled or whatever but with drip detail at bottom edge to drain into the pan - not behind the vinyl. Has anybody experience of this construction? Are there paticular vinyls or other materials which might be more suitable?

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
jacob

I've seen shower enclosures lined with sheet vinyl - it looked surprisingly good - and no grout to scrub.

Reply to
S Viemeister