Went into B&Q

Looks good value but what is the quality like? I've found that Aluminim Oxide based papers are the best. They stay sharp for longer, resist clogging and when they do clog a bang or two clears it.

-- Cheers Dave.

They are the ally oxide paper, hence why I bought 12 packs

Reply to
George

And I suppose you only bought two packs?

Reply to
George

The paint ones are not worth a carrot as these are the only ones that are glass paper and tear easily,but then again they are usable.

Reply to
George

That happens in my lidl too. Must be the kind of people that shop there.

Reply to
dennis

They had those in lidl a couple of weeks ago.

Yes really. You had to buy a cycle hoist and there was one in the box along with another with a brake and couple with hooks and about 10m of cord. All £1.99.

Reply to
dennis

They only had two left!

Reply to
Rod

:-)

Use the very fine red wood pads for the paintwork as well as the black ones.

Reply to
George

So what do the arrows on the back mean, is it some sort of sanding direction indicator ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

The fact is,I don't have the inclination to sit there with a pair of scissors cutting the profile of the shoe or circular disc and basically you would have to buy three different rolls which without doing any sums would work out dearer than buying packs of 24 in different grades at £1.99 a pk with no time consuming added.

I say £1.99 at Aldi's price because Aldi is slightly cheaper than Lidl.

Reply to
George

In the past I've been tempted to use their price match thing to see what happens, but I'm too worried that they'll have some T&C that won't apply in any particular place/time so as you've done I'll rather go somewhere else.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Just politness when someone see's the man/woman at the back of them has only one or two items. Happens in local aldi as well,however there was a cheeky lady on sunday who just went round to the checkout front and asked the cashier to checkout her only purchase and had the cheek to say"its only one item" I shouted to her "I have only one item as well dear,but at least I have the decency to wait in the que"

Reply to
George

I bought a pack from the pound shop - looked good value but I think the "sand" is glued on with cuckoo spit. Thought it was sanding really well with all the stuff coming off but found it was sand not sawdust...

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Lol,that was for birdcages. ;-)