Well done Openreach

I heard that all BT/Openreach vans have tracker units fitted to them just for that purpose.

Reply to
DrTeeth
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Not that loosely as all field personnel have got trackers on their vehicles, I've found them not to be fit for the purpose they are sometimes used for but in general it could be a useful tool.

P**S Pan 2a does a good job as a last resort as, because of the trackers, you're not allowed to have comfort breaks at exchanges (well that's what Lev.1's in this patch have been heard to say)

Reply to
kraftéé

Tis the truth and if they think any tampering has taken place a heavy hand is used...

Reply to
kraftéé

Loosely? GPS tracked vans, reviews with their manager regarding average time to fix and average number of chargeable repairs AIUI, and a dispatch system that sends engineer A to one end of the county while engineer B lives there, and sends engineer B to the other end of the county where engineer A lives ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Spot on sir!! :D or perhaps that should be :'( because it was once a brilliant company to work for, a company where the managers had risen through the ranks and who knew how telecomms engineering worked; but sadly, no more.

Reply to
Dave

Amen to that - it all started in the early nineties, when they started recruiting people with MBAs instead of promoting able BT people. The new bods knew little or nothing about telecoms but were brilliant at doing what MBAs are trained for, i.e. number-crunching their unit's bottom-line and continually bringing in "efficiencies" (for that read cuts) until the pips squoke - and customer service began to go downhill fast. I saw the light and got out soon after, under one of their early-retirement schemes.

Reply to
George Weston

That is the exact same description that I read about AT&T in the US, especially by people who used to work for it.

Reply to
Davey

I understand that it was my nurse's boyfriend's idea (manager at OR).

Reply to
DrTeeth

Not impressed to find that the guy who fixed the connection dumped the old "connector" cylinder into an almost blocked rainwater hopper. He even used the scaffold tower which was up for maintenance work when he did the work, so there must have been a reasonable chance he was going to get found out sooner rather than later. I posted a "well done" on their web site too.

Reply to
newshound