Welding old cars

But modern 'roller skate' cars won't really have filler used during production will they? (save the odd bit on a ding or two maybe)

With comments like that I'm beginning to understand where your 'plantpot' reputation comes from. It's a valid point - equipment (such as it is) is readily available.

But it does shrink sometimes. I've got one vehicle where the PO had rear wheel arch repairs grafted in, at certain angles you can see, what looks to me, to be filler shrinkage. I'd love to strip it back to metal and have a go at lead loading it but suspect It would end as a balls up.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

If you want to throw your lot in with dribble you're welcome. You might make a good pair.

Anything is readily available by mail order from somewhere in the world. Most would consider 'readily available' car body filler to be sold by the likes of Halfords for amateur use or a paint supplier for pro - not some catalogue sales outfit that adds a couple of noughts onto every price tag. Still if you feel they are good value - carry on. A fool and his money are soon parted.

I can't see the PO using the best materials and workmanship for that sort of repair.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)