Weeds on tarmac

Aha!

I also noticed that the classifieds in local papers seem to not be screened at all, as many of the tradesmen listed in there do not inspire trust. Same in your areas?

Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Young

'Screened' by whom?

'Classifieds' are adverts, and are obviously submitted by the trader, however good or bad (s)he is.

I observed some work being carried out by a local, private tradesman for my next-door neighbour recently, and was very impressed by the apparent quality of the work. If I wanted similar sort of work to be carried out, I would ask my NDN for his opinion of the commercial as well as the technical standard. In fact, NDN has told me that he seems very happy with the work carried out.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Strikes me that if the sub base is still sound (no cracks etc.) and if it properly cleared and prepared then it ought to be possible just to re-tarmac over it, but that is a couple of big ifs.

A good place for advice on this and other paving aspects is:

Run by Cormaic, who used to a be uk.d-i-y regular. Much as I dislike web forums in general, the ones there are a good place for specific paving etc. advice.

Reply to
chris French