Cold pour jointing compound - sources

Having looked up Paving Expert and elsewhere, it looks to me that some cold pour jointing compound would enhance the likelihood of success in a very minor tarmac repair.

This is a long (well, driveway width, about 3 metres), thin gap that has been opening up between our driveway and the road. (Yes, I know, council should do it, but I CBA to go down that route.) At the moment it really only serves as a trap for fine mud and growing medium for weeds. But I know it is also where freeze-thaw damage can and will occur.

So what I need is a bit of cold tarmac (Wickes - no problem - one bag should be enough) and a small amount of cold pour. But I am failing to locate anywhere to get hold of a tiny amount. Or am I obsessing? Should I simply ram the tarmac in without cold pour?

Reply to
polygonum

Not sure if it's teh thing for you but last time I was in a B&Q warehouse, they had a stand of a few different things for tarmac repair. Didn't really look closely but the amounts looked pretty small to me for any serious potholes. Of course, it's likely to cost, knowing them(!)

Reply to
GMM

Well, if they have any, they for some reason don't list it in any findable way on their website. :-(

Daresay it would only be Warehouse branches if they have any - which would be an extra 12 miles each way. Am feeling grumpy about this issue already.

Thanks

Reply to
polygonum

do it without cold pour, or if you are insistent, get some bitumen paint and whack a coat or two along each edge before you start

Reply to
Phil L

Cold pour & bitumen paint are much the same thing, bitumen plus solvent in each case. Adding a thin layer should maximise bonding, though it'll slow the adhesion down due to the extra solvent present.

NT

Reply to
meow2222