Web supplier of disabled handrails?

Anyone got recommendations? Google not too good. Am just after the basic steel tube with plastic grip type, like a very flat U with flanges for wall fitting. I don't want to put a rail on brackets. For indoors.

Ta

Reply to
OldScrawn

I'm not dead sure what you're looking for. If you just want a standard staircase type handrail with plastic cover, these are usually made to order out of flat steel bar by steel fabricators. They usually supply the plastic cover but you can get these separately from people like Rehau for example. Try here

or
is it grab rails you need? There are plenty of suppliers if you enter that into Google. Phlexicare or Southern Sanitary are the firms I've dealt with. Take a look at
factsheet might be useful too:
luck

Reply to
Peter Taylor

In message , Peter Taylor wrote

Screwfix do a very limited range of Grab Rails in their 'care range' bathroom fittings

I guess many UK charities associated with the disabled or the elderly may have advice on their web sites.

Reply to
Alan

"OldScrawn" wrote | Anyone got recommendations? Google not too good. Am just after | the basic steel tube with plastic grip type, like a very flat | U with flanges for wall fitting. | I don't want to put a rail on brackets. For indoors.

under Bathroom and Toilet - Grab Rails

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Even B&Q warehouses keep grab rails - from memory, 18", 24", and 30" lengths, in both El Cheapo and Somewhat Overpriced Imported From US At Least Quite Substantial After All No Point Getting Something As Thin As A Broomhandle For Granny To Grab On To In The Loo Is There qualities. (From which disquisition you can guess why I rejected the El Cheapo offering; seem to remember the 24" was about 25quid, and B&Q were perfectly happy for me to buy that and the other length which might've been wanted and bring the unused on back for a full refund).

HTH - Stefek

Reply to
stefek.zaba

You might want to have a chat with an occupational therapist at your local authority and ask for recommendations. There are lots of different types of hand and grab rail and some may be suitable for some situations and not others and for people with different movement limitations.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Try

?q=site%3A.co.uk+mobility+hand+rail&hl=en&lr=lang_enGives quite a few relevant results.

cheers, Pete

Reply to
Pete C

Thanks all, especially the links and factsheet. It helps when you discover the jargon is "grabrail"!

OldScrawn