We have to get three quotes even though we have someone prepared to do the work for free:-)

:-)))))))))))))))

They have seen sense. They have gone and bought an emergency light from the wholesalers that I use and asked for my terms. So it cost them just under

  1. I'll fit it at the weekend. It should take about 15 minutes and that includes the MCB swap.
Reply to
ARW

I never thought of that.

Reply to
ARW

something instead of spending their time preventing others from doing so.

This is why some of the 3rd world has better economic growth rates than us - despite the serious problems that make it the 3rd world

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You made me spill my beer.

Reply to
ARW

Ladder? - I can reach this one by standing on one of the chairs.

Reply to
ARW

Oh you silly boy. My reply was *not* to Adam.

Reply to
Richard

omething instead of spending their time preventing others from doing so.

s - despite the serious problems that make it the 3rd world

er no it explains both...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

£3:80? Thats a cheap kebab!
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I was going to say something along the lines of "that's luxury round Adam's way".

But you could probably do better up Luton Road.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I know. But the discussion is about why Adam can't do the work for them= .

-- =

Why is there no Disneyland China? No one's tall enough to go on the good rides.

Reply to
Major Scott

something instead of spending their time preventing others from doing so.

despite the serious problems that make it the 3rd world

No it doesn't. It's the third world because the number of people outweigh the resources available.

Reply to
Major Scott

Someone once told me he couldn't do that (to install a network router at= about 6 inches above eye level). So I did it for him.

-- =

Mrs. Culpepper was almost in tears. "Oh Marie," she said to her maid, "= I have reason to suspect that my husband is having an affair with his se= cretary." "I don't believe it for one minute." Marie snapped. "You're just sayin= g that to make me jealous."

Reply to
Major Scott

It's expensive compared to the place I usually use - they knock a quid off if you phone up and collect (that's a quid off EVERY pizza, kebab or burger in the order).

And boy, do they have rules worse than the Scouts.

If you are in the shop you still have to phone them to get the discount! Well I don't have to do that anymore - but most people still have to.

Reply to
ARW

It could be racial inferiority of course.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Agreed.

Reply to
Major Scott

A century ago it Europeans commonly thought of the Chinese as racially inferior. It is common to confuse race and culture. Cultures are highly mutable.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

The Chinese were culturally inferior, but not racially inferior. The Arabs are both.

Reply to
Major Scott

something instead of spending their time preventing others from doing so.

- despite the serious problems that make it the 3rd world

resources available.

That's a popular notion. Poor countries stay 3rd world because of corruption. When the corruption eases off, they grow well.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

something instead of spending their time preventing others from doing so.

- despite the serious problems that make it the 3rd world

the resources available.

When the corruption eases off, they grow well.

That could be one factor.

Reply to
Major Scott