Water tank only heating half the contents

Hi.

I recently changed the thermostat and element in my mains powered water heater. Since then only half the tanks water gets hot. There's enough to have a shower but not a lot more. Both the thermostat and element are the same size (27" - off the top of my head) as the ones I removed. I've heard that some tanks have a second element lower down - not the case with mine.

Any ideas?

Thanks Richard

Reply to
richard.holmes2005

Richard, is there an indirect heating coil in the lower part of this copper cylinder? This would be part of the house central heating circuit. Being lower in the cylinder it would provide a greater depth of hot water.

If this heating coils does exist, it may be partially blocked or a valve maybe closed on it.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

Chris,

I don't have central heating, I have hot air instead - not the best - so I not think there is a indirect heating coil. I've had the jacket off and couldn't see any other elements or means of heating.

Richard.

Reply to
richard.holmes2005