Water supply to sink

I am thinking of fitting a hard water mains supply to a drinking tap over a= sink in the kitchen. We have a water softener and the hard water tap is cu= rrently in the utility room. We are having the ceiling redone, so would hav= e access into the void. Are there any regulations preventing a 10mm mains w= ater plastic pipe being fed through drilled holes in the joists to terminat= e on a triple tap that has soft hot and cold for normal use and filtered ha= rd water for drinking.

Thanks

John

Reply to
JohnW

There are guidelines for notching and drilling joists[1]... and water regs that require unsoftened water to be supplied to food prep areas. Don't think anything restricts what diameter pipe you use - normal plastic barrier pipe is fine for wholesome water delivery.

[1] Details:

John Rumm