Water softener systems

See also:

in particular the last para before the References. People are people, and 100 years ago were no different to today when it came to confirmation bias.

Reply to
Tim Streater

total bollocks...

I live in a very hard water area and my salt loaded one cost £600 incl fitting.

Reply to
swldxer1958

s total bollocks...

Two blocks last 3 weeks.

Reply to
swldxer1958

In my limited, and decades old, experience, peer review was often an opportunity to take a somewhat severe view of the methods and discussion used by rival groups. Just this side of totally unfair. But this was in a field devoid of political interest where many questions were too open to have acquired dogmatic supporters.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Yeah and Mendel cheated with his pea experiments.

Reply to
Max Demian

Nice one Peter, thank you.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Parker

I too am in East Anglia. We had a new bathroom put in two months ago and the new taps and shower screen are already alive with scale despite regular cleaning!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Parker

Presumably you don't (yet) have a softener installed?

Reply to
Davey

OOps, sorry, I didn't notice that you were the OP.

Apologies.

Reply to
Davey

Have you ever considering installing a reverse osmosis system. I use RO. I bought this system two years ago:

. It's perfect for my needs, and works effectively.

Reply to
RDss

I wouldn't fit one they are five times too expensive for what they are.

One of these should do a better job as long as your mains pressure is 4 bar or more..

There is noway you are getting more than a trickle of water without the tank from an under sink system, the membranes just aren't big enough.

Reply to
dennis

I am not 100% sure my experience will be useful for you but still. We have very hard water and we had a unit installed. We ended up using EcoPure Wate r Softener. So shop around, compare several units, this resource may be use ful for you

. I 've been using mine for 5 years and never had a problem with it.

Reply to
tetianashpek