Waste water drainage pipes

I live on a hill, and the property behind me (higher up the hill) has a waste water pipe running through my property. None of my waste water drains use this pipe. I have an inspection cover/hole on my property.

The house behind me, according to the deeds, was not planned when mine was planned, but planned soon after. The drain pipes do not appear on any of the documentation.

Who is responsible for any repairs to the drain? Especially given it does not appear on the plans for my property? Who is responsible for damage done to my property as a result of this drain/waste pipe flooding?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Reply to
Ian Cornish

The legal word "easement" springs to mind here, worth a search on Google. But you probably need a professional advisor *before* any damage is done by neighbour.

rusty

Reply to
Rusty

this looks like a simlar case: Attwood and Others v Bovis Homes Ltd, April 2000:

rusty

Reply to
Rusty