wasps again

I think I have found a wasp nest in my loft. It fits descriptions I have found on the web.

My hobby involves having several aerials outside the house that have to come inside to various radios. They come under the roof via plastic waste pipes let into the boards just under the roof tiles, at the eaves. The nest is just next to the pipe, but in the loft, that only has 2 small coax cables coming through. I am certain it was not there a month or so ago.

1 what material should I use to block entry through the pipes?

2 when should I tackle the removal of the nest?

3 when should I block the entrance off?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Shite works best

once the shit has dryed

Now

Reply to
Tommy

This prompts me to mention the NHS bowel cancer test they want me to do.

I was invited to take part in this.

I have to crap and provide 3 samples on a sealable page.

You are either loose or constipated. If you are loose, how the hell do you catch a sample without getting your hand very dirty?

If you are constipated, you are going to be left with a hell of a handfull to get the samples from. Yes, you have to provide 3 samples from 2 craps.

I think I will put the paperwork where they want it, but not send it back.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Which animal? does it matter?

Why does shit deter the wasps?

OK. once you have answered this post.

Many thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , Dave writes

Just spray some nippon powder around the entrance

that's it ...

Reply to
geoff

Don't you wipe your arse then?

Reply to
dennis

Dave wrote on Jul 17, 2009:

Well that will certainly teach them not to interfere in your private life!

I was sent a kit a couple of months ago which I duly carried out as per instructions. A bit messy but still... The results came back a week or two later - negative I'm relieved to say. One less thing to worry about, but each to his own, eh?

Reply to
Mike Lane

I used the tray from an Indian curry meal....... after I had eaten the curry!

George

Reply to
furnessvale

I dealt with two by using the foam aerosol spray in cans. it comes out as a jet which travels about 6ft so you can aim from a distance and it foams up in the entrance so a mass exit is not possible. Two nests from one can at =EF=BF=BD3.99p.

George

Reply to
furnessvale

Last one I did, many years ago, was a sprinkle of potassium cyanide crystals in the entrance (the nest was at the bottom of the garden and no other properties/RoWs near it) on slightly damp ground. Waited to see what would happen, as it was evening and the wasps were coming in. Got a wiff of cyanide and decided that elsewhere seemed attractive. Fortunately I knew what the smell was due to carelessly tipping anodizing acid and cyanide solutions in to the lab. sink together (it's a quick way of clearing a lab!).

Reply to
PeterC

Gap-filling foam? Should slow them down enough, and can be semi-easily removed later when you can fit something more permanent (proper grommetted holes).

Yesterday!

Now.

Nippon powder if you can get close enough, or the spray foam wasp killer (both available from the average hardware store, garden centre, pound shop). Aim to cover the landing points where the wasps enter, and coat the whole nest in powder or foam.

Al.

Reply to
Al

That was my initial thought, the foam spray.

I take it that is works then.

Dave

Reply to
Dave