Washing trainers

My New Balance trainers say on the label that they shouldn't go in the washing machine.

Does anyone have any logic to support this?

As far as I can see if you run through water or even just run in the rain then they are going to get soaked; the label doesn't tell you to only go out when it is dry and to stay away from puddles. :-)

So a cold or warm (30C) quick wash seems reasonable.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

May be thinking more of damage to the washing machine if they go in on their own?

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

In my experience, machine washing running shoes with conventional detergents does something to the midsole material which makes them stink of cat pee (and I really mean *stink*) every time they get damp or sweaty thereafter.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

They seem to fall to bits in the wash these days, rubbish glues mainly...

Reply to
Andy Burns

That happened to me too.

I just assumed it *was* cat pee and lived with it.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Well, I recall some years ago doing this and bits of some kind of rubbery stuff got glued all over the tops making them look crap. Also how are they waterproofed, if its some kind of treatment the chemicals in the detergent might remove that as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff