Washing machine overfills

Can anyone help please? Our Siemans washing machine flooded last night - the water filled above the front door and leaked out from around the seal. Ive cleaned every pipe in the machine to make sure there are no blockages and also the pump. It still overfills. If I switch it to spin the pump drains all the water away so that bit is ok.

Can anyone think of anything else I can try.

Thanks in anticipation.

Reply to
tc3man1

The way they sense the water level, is via a small usually black pipe leading from the bottom of the drum, up to a sensitive pressure sensor. The water rises, the air is compressed in the little pipe, air pressure on the sensors diaphram opens some contacts.

The small pipe could be blocked with fluff, the pipe kinked, the sensor not operating or similar. Blowing gently into the pipe, you should hear the sensor click. If this is working, then it could be the controller unit.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Commonest problem in washing machines - pressure switch failure. Usually a round item about 4 ins across with (often) two small rubber pipes to it and two or three electrical connections. Remove and blow into each pipe-hole - you should hear it click. If it doesn't it's stuffed. If it does then check the associated wiring.

Reply to
Woody

What are you, some kind of idiot savant mong?

Fuck off, Harry.

Reply to
Rob Allen

Sore losers

Reply to
Bungle & Zippy

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Harry Bloomfield, and I thusly replied:

I wish someone would block your small pipe with fluff. We don't want your kind reproducing.

Reply to
The Most Rev. Peter Parsnip

Don't tell me I've lost another account! Not again!

Reply to
Phil Kyle

TEH SMALL PIPE IS TEH BESTEST BIT!

Reply to