Washing machine leak repair question

I have a Servis Gem 800 which has given me many years of untroubled use, however, yesterday I noticed a small pool of water under the WM after use. On investigating this morning, I think I have found the source of the leak by the tell tale whitish streak down a rubber pipe attached to the metal casing around the drum. The black, partially corrugated pipe (which goes to the pump via the filter) is not perished and it is quite flexible, the leak appears to be from where it attaches to the metal casing. It's a moulded double flange on the end of the pipe which came out quite easily as it appears to have a lubricating grease on it (probably silicone grease). Is this a common fault,? is there a recommended substance to stop the leak? Has anyone successfully repaired a similar fault? I don't want to purchase a new pipe if I don't need to.

Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

Silicon sealant